Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Saturday, June 13, 2009

Walpole German Sommerfest


We had the best time today at the German Sommerfest in Walpole here in Massachusetts. So much good food! I had Leberkaese, Sauerkraut, Bratwust, and the best bread. I wish I did have room for a lot more or at least double. Oh, and I almost forgot about the yummy apple crisp. Now I could eat more of that. And of course all the great dark beer!


They always have a very German band there with all the traditional songs. Lilly loved it! She was bobbing and dancing and clapping all along.


And as a special treat, Lilly got to go on a pony ride! She had no reservations going on that pony and actually couldn’t belief her luck. All along she sang "Hoppe, hoppe Reiter". And towards the end she begged the horse to go "Schneller, schneller" (faster, faster). She is a natural on the horse! BTW, did you see that guy in the 'Lederhosen'?!
Well, it was lots of fun and all will be back next year. I sure will be there first thing!

1 comment:

Ring by Ring Designs said...

Sounds like a great time. Missed hearing about it. Walpole is not far from here. Weather Sat was great. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures.